Construction began in 1308 and finished in 1378. It opened for use in 1350. A major restoration was performed from 1867 to 1879.
The bridge is classified as a world heritage site. This bridge can only be crossed by foot.
Crossing the bridge is included in our Bordeaux to Montpellier coast to coast ride and in out Dordogne & Lot tours.